Wednesday, December 6, 2006

They made me a criminal

"They made me criminal" is a very famous Egyptian movie made in 1950s .Despite its hero was Farid Shawky gave to it his famous action taste yet I believe it was from the early few attempts to discuss the issue of the Homeless children aka "Streets Children" seriously . It discussed why and how children who raised in the streets ,lived by the code of the streets , turned in to criminals expelled by the society and ended their lives tragically. Yet no one paid attention to it as an early alarm and considered it another action film starred by the King "Farid Shawky"
The movie talked about the gangs that are using children from begging to theft to smuggling ,I remember Nagma Ibrahim "I used to be scared from her in my childhood" portraying the lady gangster and how cruel she was !!" to the juveniles institutes to the police to ........ The movie as I said was a social more than action forget Farid Shaky quarrels with Roshdy Abaza !! The movie and its makers then sent a message the society ignored as usual accusing it to be responsible for making or turning those kids in to criminals full of hate and despise to that same society !!
It was an alarm bell when the problem began to appear ,ironically in the past the number of the homeless children from 50 or even 20 years was far less than now by degrees dramatically , yesterday an Ex-general in Egyptian in Mona El-Shazely 's 10 O clock said that number exceeded the million now , and that is the official number which means that this number in real life can be doubled or tripled to be accurate !!
I remember all this and I decided to talk and discuss it with you after seeing the Mona Shazely show yesterday on Dream 2 , in fact I wanted to talk about it before twice , but something stupid made me not , but down to that something stupid
The first time I wanted to speak about the problem of the homeless children was after seeing a scene I believe no Egyptian would like to see it ,I will describe it for you
"From two months ago I was taking a taxi from Zamalak , from the intersection of Ismail Mohamed street, you know the Masry towers and Monte Carlo gift shop I was standing in front of it ,it was about 3 PM , a deadly time to take a taxi ,they act like crazy, anyway I was waiting and while I was waiting I found couple of those homeless children ,three as I far as I remember, they were n't clean at all as usual , one of them was smoking and he already seemed to me not more than 10 years , I know that in that intersection there are lots of beggars because of the foreigners and the Arabs in the summer touristic seasons. I didn't give them much attention for them then to say the truth , yet in less than a second I returned back to them with my sight , I don't remember how but I believe the look of the those in the street from the shop keepers to them made me turn left ,to them
Some foreigner , a western from his look , standing with them ,of course they were begging him for some money or food or whatever,and then he took a photo of the them with his digital camera ,I swear by God all the Egyptians in the street were watching that photography scene in a way I can't describe it , it was like paralyze ,I call it {the 5 seconds of self-dignity awakening} !!
The foreigner went in his way and I swear I was going to him asking "what are you going to do with that picture ?? Are you going to show it along with the Nile and the pyramids to your friends in Myspace as he seemed to me a young lad ?!"
 The shopkeepers and the men in the street seemed to be angry from that scene , their anger was translated in to action when one of the owners of the shop I guess it was the laundry in that street ,an old man brought a long stick and ran behind those kids !! "
Man I felt so awkward that day , mixing feelings I had , mainly from anger ,at first I was angry from that rude western who was taking photos to our homeless children and those homeless children who were bold enough to be happy and smile when they are treated as beggars !! well I was having this national dignity 7000 years B.c civilization thing !! But then I rethought again and I became angry not from that Myspace guy or those homeless kids but I became angry from our Egyptian society , it is not the fault or the guilt of those kids to be like this , it is the fault of our hypocrite society instead of blaming them to act like that in the street ,we should see what drives them to the street , we should make them stay away from the street life "
The second time I wanted to write them was last week
It was after reading the terrible news of the serial killing gang that hunted down homeless children ,raped them and then killed them in the most terrible ways  you can imagine or see in C.S.I or Criminal minds !! A series of crimes All Egypt was shocked to find about , you see it is usual thing to read in the crime page X killed Y for 5 pounds now but to read in the crime page a series of homeless children dead bodies found in different cities across the Delta not only killed but also raped,that is unusual , the serial killing crimes are not usual in Egypt !! Those young boys and teenagers were raped before being killed
The shock was also in the places were they found the dead bodies , some of the bodies were smashed by the trains, not that only ,they found a kid buried alive in a cemetery !!
That serial killing gang its members were and are from the homeless children , the head of the gang , the master mind behind all those crimes was a homeless child who was sexually abuse in childhood in the streets , now he is now 26 years old , they call him "El-Tourbany" which is by the way a name of a train kind in Egypt , his real name is Ramdan Abd El-Rahim Mansour , and they arrested him in Tanta ,this criminal was just like those victims, he is a victim that turned in to a victimizer
I am not defending him heavens forbid,for me he is just a sick bastard who doesn't remember the number  of his victims !! yes do you know how many kids he raped and killed ?? the number of the dead bodies found is 14 dead bodies , the police predicts and believes the number is more than that , already that wasn't the work of "Tourbany" and his gang for this year ,but for the last "x" years ,they don't recall when they started !!!
Already that sick bastard is arrested for one murder ,I don't know what about the other 13 crimes or the rest he can't remember ,anyway I believe that he will sooner or later remember the number with the famous techniques of the Egyptian police .
Do you know how many members in his gangs ? at first they were five and today 11 names were added to them
This sick person is said to be so dirty ,full of insects that before the investigation they had to spry him twice to make sure no insect from cooties "head and body louse" transferred to the investigator , then they had to spry him again with Johnson and Johnson spry !!
Look as I said this dirty bastard was a victim one day , and the society didn't help , the High council of Woman and child headed by the first lady didn't help him , the Parliament didn't help him , the government didn't help him , the civil society didn't help , the fancy ladies club from Rotary and co. didn't help him , the charities didn't help him , in the end we  all didn't help him as society and thus don't be surprised with hate towards us ,towards this society ,towards this civilized nation with its rich sophisticated youth !!
BY the "El-Tourbany" is not the last or the first crazy loose in our streets , the police itself says so , in fact with the exceeding number of the homeless children now in Egypt , we are predicted to have more Los -Tourbanieios in Egypt in less than year and worst than him with degrees
They are atomic bombs , they can be terrorists , they can be drug dealers , thieves ,serial killers , first they would kidnap and kill homeless children , then they will go to normal children
Do you know that in Tanta the homeless children escaped and no one can see them again ?? they were afraid from the serial killer and escaped , do you know that people and the governor are happy for that? the Governor in a statement for "El-Wafad" newspaper said that he didn't want to see them again !!
Look if we want to speak seriously about this problem , we must put our hands on the origin of the problem
The origin of the problem is the family , I am sorry ,don't tell me all that jazz of terrible economic situation , everything is expensive ,the regime is from hell .....etc the majority or 100% of those kids go to the streets because they don't have homes or in another better description their families kicked them from their homes for example one of the members of the gang and it shocked me really to know that his father is working in the education ministry !! Education ministry !! this young lad left his house because the constant physical abuse of his father to him !!
There must be a legalization that criminalizes the parent who throws his or her kid in to the street

2 comments:

  1. I really love your article, and waiting to hear more about this topic

    it is really dangerous and a real strong sign that a hard change, a drastic change is going to happen in the next few years, i am afraid it won't be as pleasing as we may hope

    ReplyDelete
  2. @freesoul, it is great to have you back , and I share you the fear of this unpleasant future caused by this problem
    I will try to speak more about it

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for your comment
Please keep it civilized here, racist and hateful comments are not accepted
The Comments in this blog with exclusion of the blog's owner does not represent the views of the blog's owner.