Thursday, March 1, 2007

Le Circus de l' Attar

Yesterday was another chapter in El-Attar espionage case , well it was a big show , the new lawyer was really serious when he described the case as "funny" , it was like the circus really

El-Attar is freaking intelligent enough to know that the media will be there from Egypt and the whole world will attend his trial and thus he began this monkey business

I am sorry if I seemed biased against him , but believe me I think he is guilty , I mean it is enough to hear him saying the court that some officer in the intelligence officer called "Nabil Mahmoud" interrogated him using indecent methods in order to get a promotion !! With my respect but is n't this a big activity to get a promotion ,I mean a surveillance across the oceans not countries to get one star !!

I mean El-Attar didn't mention why the Egyptian Intelligence picked him from all the passengers in the same flight coming from Canada to force drink his urine !!

The funny thing that he accused the National Security despite he doesn't accuse the Egyptian intelligence of anything , I don't know how but the National Security is the Egyptian Intelligence !!!

He also that the Egyptian Police treated him better than the National Secuirty , you know this is a joke , really anyhow

Anyhow it didn't stop here in fact we have just started

He said that "Mahmoud" electrocuting him and forced his to drink his urine in order to force him on signing his confessions , well except more , I swear the Intelligence now is paying the dirty fame of Adly and Co. despite they follow Omar Soliman , this makes me sick

In the court he denied to be a converter to Christianity ,he said the Islamic testimony "There is No God except Allah, and Mohamed is his Messenger" in front of the Judge and he kept shouting it during the trial , in an explanation about "his Christianity" well he said that "It was the phase of searching for Truth" , these are big words ,I mean searching for the truth of the Universe and God , reading about religions and so , of course the faith place is in heart , but there are testimonies and witnesses who testified that he is a Christian now , and what makes me think twice about his statements in the trials is the call of the Canadian lady to the Global and Mail , the famous Canadian newspaper saying that she identified the young man whose picture in the newspaper as "William" who didn't convince her with his story , he told her that he left Egypt because he converted from Islam to Christianity and his Muslim Father locked him in his room to the end of this fancy story ,this is a Canadian lady who is not Egypt and as far as I know this woman from Vancouver is not an agent for the Egyptian Intelligence as far as I think !!

May be it was from years and he returned back to Islam ,who knows as I said the faith place is in the Heart , in fact it is not our issue here if he was converted to Christianity or not , it is the spying charge we care here

Another thing he said in the court that he is not a gay and the proof on that guess what ??

The proof that he is not a gay is that he doesn't wear an earring in his ear !!

And he let the judge see it !!

* A little hint in Egypt It had known that gay people always wear earrings in their ears thanks to the 1980s

Of course it is silly ,I mean T.R Knight from E.R doesn't wear an Earring ,watch E! channel to see their gay fashion advisor in Fashion Police , this is the most stupid defense I have ever heard about , in fact I am surprised that the Judge let this show to take place , in fact it is first time I heard something like this !!???

I mean I know "Right is wrong and left is right" and I know that the meaning of single earring in some people identifies their sexuality but it is not the ultimate proof

Stupid defense

For God Sake it is about his freaking sexuality or religion people ,it is about his treason to this country , I remember when I went to my grand mother and told her that it turned in the press that he is a gay and converter ,wisely she said that it doesn't matter after treason , I mean for God Sake we consider Straight Muslim men and women who betrayed their country and they were n't respected by the Egyptian people , his sexuality and religion conversion despite they played their role in this John Le Carre kind of story are not the main issue ,he is being punished for the principle of betraying the country

Well the Circus didn't stop here

The lawyer suddenly requested that his client to have an interview with  the Canadian Television and the reporter of the 10 o'clock TV show on Dream TV 2 Dina Massoud !! Of course it was a move from the lawyer El-Attar doesn't know who is the hell is Dina Massoud nor Mona El-Shazely , I think the lawyer made this move because Mona was covering the case from the beginning and the previous Lawyer who declined the defense of El-Attar appeared on Dream TV 2 ,he also requested to that his client to meet with the Canadian Ambassador ,here the Judge told him that he wouldn't meet with an Ambassador from Canada or Congo or even Darfur !!

He said that this case and the Danial Levy character is fictional based upon "The Impossible man" series !! I am a reader for the "Impossible man" series in my teenager and I read it since edition no.1 till 140 ,and I don't recall the existance of something similar , I mean Adham Sabri was like Jack Baur and James Bond fighting villians

 anyhow the 10 O'clock made another scoop yesterday when they managed to capture few moments with El-Attar in the parking lot when he was transferred to the prison car , he kept shouting in front of the camera saying that he didn't spy to Israel,Loves Egypt and his father fought in 1973

what ever he says

The case was adjourned to the next 26th of March 2007

In this period I think the Egyptian Intelligence will reply silently just like its boss and leak some evidence of his guilt to the press ,well I wish

you know I am surprised with what happened in the Court today ,I remember there was a bigger circus in Sherif El-Falali infamous case , especially his parents were beside him and they were wealthy

Look if I am biased against him and this is obvious in my somehow neutral blog , well blogging is subjective after all ,I am sorry but I read many spies cases and stories that make me believe that the Egyptian intelligence won't arrest a person for the espionage charge present his or her case to the General if it is not a 100% treason case ,oh man I think I said this over and over

You know Heba Salim missed the global media age !!

Sources:

Global and mail :Accused spy's trial adjourned

From the Canadian TV There is a video

From Ha'atrz

From JPOST

From Al-Akhabr in Arabic

From El-Masry El-Youm in Arabic

6 comments:

  1. My friend, you're sentencing the man based on bits and pieces you're hearing from questionable sources.
    I'm not going to say he's innocent or guilty because I really don't know. But what I do know is that everyone should be given a fair trial, and a fair investigation. I'm not sure this is what's happening

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well you know what I think , you know there are some sources I don't still doubt about them , the Egyptian intelligence and its spying cases are among them
    he got a fair trial and the evidence is the circus that took place in the court

    ReplyDelete
  3. What disturbed me in 'Le Circus de l'Attar' piece you wrote, is that you kept going on about the religion bit and the sexual orientation bit, instead of getting to the point regarding the betrayal evidence against L'Attar. And then you quoted your grandmother! God Bless her she actually should be the one writing your blog! The Canadian newspaper is called 'The Globe and Mail' and it is not the most WELL REPUTED newspaper in Canada - I will let you find out why, on your own!
    Salam

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well my Grandmother is wise in her saying yes , but here when I wrote about Religion and sex was a comment on what happened in the court
    already El-Attar and his lawyer used it to divert the attention of the real issue
    thanks about the information about the "Global and mail" ,please keep on the news there

    ReplyDelete
  5. The problem is that most people have already made up their minds and are convinced that he is guilty. I am no expert on his case, and don't know if he is or isn't guilty, but I know that the information Filaly went to prison for distributing are available for free to any researcher in Egypt or even abroad, and yesterday, they had a program on Al-Arabiya on Azzam Azzam case, and if you watched it, you would have been convinced that he wasn't a spy!!! so I wouldn't be so sure about the works of Egyptian Intelligence and the Judiciary System; remember in Egypt judges get biased sometimes just look at Kareem's sentence.

    ReplyDelete
  6. well I am sure of the work of the Egyptian intelligence and I don't need to defend it
    About th judicial system in that case according to what you said I should n't trust it at all , I mean it is ridiculous ,if they set Abd El-Kareem free , well you trust the judicial system.
    About Azzam Azzam well I don't need some Arabic channel to tell me if he was innoncent or not , because he is guilty in my eyes and we all know that he was set free in exchange process with the Egyptian students only ,not because he was innocent ,if they want to say so in Al-Arabya , let them say they stand agaisnt Hezbollah with Jonbolt and everyone knows who is he really

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for your comment
Please keep it civilized here, racist and hateful comments are not accepted
The Comments in this blog with exclusion of the blog's owner does not represent the views of the blog's owner.